Samsung has officially announced the 5G version of its Galaxy Z Flip foldable phone. Called the Galaxy Z Flip 5G , the phone is nearly identical to its 4G predecessor. The major changes include the 5G radios, a slightly upgraded Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, and the price: it’s $1,449.99. That’s a $70 premium over the 4G version, which Samsung says will stick around at the same price.
Samsung Z Flip has the following features:
- Flex mode – Easily and simultaneously view and control content with the Galaxy Z Flip’s custom-built user experience, which utilizes its unique forward folding form factor. When the device is free-standing, the display automatically splits into two 4-inch screens so you can view content on the top half of the display, and control on the bottom half2.
- YouTube with Flex mode – With Flex mode, enjoy watching your favorite YouTube channel hands-free. While streaming on the top half of your device, you can also browse, read descriptions, and comment on the bottom half. Plus, enjoy four months of YouTube Premium with your Galaxy Z Flip 5G for an uninterrupted experience3.
- Camera Update with Flex mode – Now it is even easier to shoot from higher and lower angles with the Galaxy Z Flip. Whether you want to capture low-angle action videos or vibrant birds-eye photos of your meal, simply double-tap in Flex mode to switch the camera’s preview window from the top to the bottom half of the device.
- Multitasking – Effortlessly multi-task with Multi-Active Window by using the Multi-Window Tray to drag and drop the apps you want to use.4
- App Pair – Seamlessly open and access two apps at once using App Pair in the Multi-Window Tray, so when you are ready to share photos with a friend, your Gallery and Messaging apps will open simultaneously.
- Multi-window Tray – The Multi-window Tray is now part of a more robust Edge Panel integration, for added convenience, providing access to more apps.
“At Samsung, we continue to put the power of 5G in millions of consumers’ hands. We continually demonstrate our commitment to make 5G more accessible to more people,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We are excited to bring next-generation speed and connectivity to the Galaxy Z Flip which further expands our portfolio of 5G devices, empowering consumers with meaningful experiences to help them do more of what they love.”
The Galaxy Z Flip introduced a stylish and compact form factor that reinforced Samsung’s ongoing commitment to expanding the foldable category. Now with 5G, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G can bring blazing-fast speeds to the palm-sized foldable device, making it easier than ever to stay connected with followers, friends and family.
Samsung says it hasn’t change the outer structure factor at all so as to fit 5G into the telephone. it will come in two hues: “Spiritualist Gray” and “Spiritualist Bronze.” The “spiritualist” part evidently alludes to another “dimness” finish on the outside glass that Samsung says is “delicate to the touch.” So: matte.
Alongside the marginally refreshed processor and 5G (which supports Sub-6 in particular, not mmWave), Samsung has additionally included a bunch of minor programming improvements. It as of now has a “Flex” mode that lets programming reconfigure itself when the telephone is half-collapsed. YouTube ought to appropriately go into a Flex mode now, and Samsung’s camera application will work at more edges, so you could hypothetically point it at the sky. Samsung additionally says the Edge Panel highlight is “increasingly hearty,” which ideally implies that the Z Flip will get a norm, full-included Galaxy edge board as opposed to restricting it to multi-window controls.
The Galaxy Z Flip should begin dispatching in both transporter and opened forms on August. seventh. It’ll be accessible on AT&T and T-Mobile in the US, and Samsung will likewise be selling it on its own site, Best Buy, and Amazon.