Today, Google shared a point by point course of events for Google Play Music’s shutdown. Access will be repudiated in September for clients in New Zealand and South Africa and for clients in every single other district in October. Come December, the administration will close down totally, after which you won’t have the option to move your music. Moreover, beginning in the not so distant future Google will no longer acknowledge buys for music inside its Play Store.
Google is making these huge moves since its YouTube Music administration is going all out as its substitution. Only a couple of months prior, it began permitting Google Play Music clients to move for all intents and purposes each feature of their libraries to the new help, including playlists, craftsmen, collections, tunes, bought substance, suggestions, and transfers. Moving the entirety of that substance is as basic as opening the YouTube Music application just because. Bellow is the process of moving all you stuff to youtube music:
The process is the same for mobile devices regardless of whether you’re using Android or iOS.
- Make sure you’ve got the latest version of YouTube Music installed from Google Play or the App Store
- Open YouTube Music. You might get a pop-up advertising YouTube Music Premium. Just ignore that for now.
- On the main home screen, you should see a banner that says “Transfer your Play Music library.” If you head to the app’s settings, you’ll also notice a new “Transfer from Google Play Music” option, which is a second way of initiating the process. If you can’t find either method, Google might not have rolled out the transfer feature to your account yet, so check back.
- Tap on “Let’s Go.” YouTube Music will then display everything that you’re about to migrate over from Google Play Music, including songs, albums, playlists, purchases, uploads, your personalized taste profile / recommendations, and your liked and disliked songs.
- Once the process gets underway, you’ll see a persistent “transferring your Google Play Music library” status bar at the top of YouTube Music. Depending on the size of your library and how many other people are currently doing the transfer process, the migration could be done in minutes or last as long as a few days. Things like playlists and your taste preferences will transfer over almost instantly, with uploads and purchases taking the longest since Google is making a direct copy of those files.
- When the transfer is complete, you’ll receive both a notification in the app and an email confirming that you’re all set
After it’s all done, take a look around and make sure everything successfully made the trip over. You should also now see a “continue listening from Google Play Music” row on the home screen to make the transition a little more seamless as you familiarize yourself with the YouTube Music app.
Google guaranteed that it would give a lot of notice ahead of time of Play Music closing down, so it’s following through on that. You can keep on utilizing the administration until it closes down, however in the event that you get another gadget with Android 10 stacked on, you’ll discover YouTube Music pre-introduced instead of Google Play Music. So you should start the modification procedure before you’re compelled to.