Ten families in Arujo town, Homa Bay County were forced to spend Wednesday night in the cold after their rental houses caught fire and were destroyed.
According to reports, the fire which broke out at 8pm, started in one of the houses before spreading to nine others, razing down 6 to ashes.
Margaret Anyango, the landlady of the ten-door building, said some of the tenants were still out on their daily activities when the fire broke out.
Anyango says they only managed to salvage two beds and a gas cylinder from two houses but the rest of the people’s valuables were burnt to ashes after the fire overpowered their efforts to put it out.
Confirming the incident, Area Chief Bob Lang’o said the cause of the fire could not be immediately established.
Lang’o confirmed that no one was injured in the fire incident, calling upon the well-wishers to provide humanitarian support to the affected families.
Some of the families who lost their property in the fire incident say they are stranded and have nowhere to spend the night appealing for well-wishers to come to their aid.