A four-year-old boy succumbed to injuries in hospital after he fell from the fourth floor of a residential house in Kahawa West, Nairobi.
Police said Mark Allan was playing with his friends at the balcony of their house when he slid and fell on his head.
He landed on the ground floor of the apartment and sustained serious injuries and was rushed to hospital where he died while being attended to.
Police said they are investigating the tragic incident, which was termed as accident.
A postmortem exercise was planned on the body as part of investigations into the incident.
And police are investigating an incident in which an eight-year-old boy was electrocuted in the same area.
Master David Baraka was playing with his friends when he touched a naked live wire that was on the rooftop of their house in the area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Baraka was a grade three pupil at a local school.
Such cases are common in the city informal settlements in an alarming rate. They are blamed for among others illegal power connections.